It was freezing today so this comfort food meal was a perfect dinner. This recipe is one that I have made several times since I started traversing the dangers of the kitchen. It’s easy and yummy (and WAY better than those frozen pot pies you buy for a buck.) The only scary part is dealing with the chicken, but once you get that taken care of, it’s a piece of cake.
I adapted this recipe from the blog Coers Family.
- 2 to 3 cups of chicken – cooked and shredded
- 1 1/2 lbs of potatoes – cubed (I use the Green Giant Klondike Fingerlings)
- 12 oz bag of mixed veggies (I like Birdseye)
- 3 cans of cream of chicken soup
- Pillsbury Grands biscuits (I used the 8 ct)
- Place potatoes in the bottom of the crock pot and pour one can of soup over them.
- Next put in the chicken and pour the second can of soup over it.
- Add the mixed veggies and then pour the final can of soup on top.
- Cover and cook for 6 hours stirring midway (if possible)
- Make biscuits according to the package
- Slice biscuits and top with pot pie filling.
Easy and delicious. Admittedly it’s not much to look at, but it tastes good. This one has been a win every time I’ve made it.