If you have been browsing crockpot recipes on the internet there is a good chance you have come across this recipe. I’ve seen it on dozens of sites, there are tons of pins on Pinterest with the recipe, etc. So, naturally I had to try it. After all, so many people loved it that it must be good AND it was crazy easy as well!
I’ve actually made this twice now. The first time I used boneless skinless chicken breasts and just served them as is with a couple of sides. This time I used shredded chicken (I like to shred and freeze chicken in advance to make things easier on myself later) and served it over noodles.
- 2-3 cups of chicken, cooked and shredded
- 2 cans of cream of chicken soup
- Package of Italian dressing seasoning. (You’ll find it with the regular salad dressings in the store.)
- 8oz block of cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup of water
- 1 lb of noodles, cooked and drained (I used bowties)
- Add chicken, soup, water and seasoning to the crockpot.
- Mix until everything is combined.
- Cook on low for 2 1/2 hours.
- Add your cubed cream cheese and cook for another 20 minutes or until the cream cheese is blended in.
- Top the noodles with the chicken mixture and serve.
There is a reason this recipe is featured on every crockpot blog out there. It’s delicious! I loved this. It makes a ton of food too and the leftovers are possibly even better than the original meal. I will definitely be making this again.