The main thing that really drew me to this recipe was that it used the crockpot. I love crockpot cooking because it’s just so very easy and I’ll be honest, sometimes I don’t feel like cooking dinner. With the crockpot, it does all the cooking. That is a win in my book.
I adapted this recipe from Barns and Noodles. I should note that one of the changes I made was completely by accident since I grabbed the cream of chicken soup instead of the cheddar soup and didn’t even realize it until I had dumped it into the bowl. (My excuse is that it was early and I was in a hurry… clearly my coffee had not kicked in yet.)
- 1 bag of frozen beef ravioli
- 2-24oz jars of pasta sauce (I used Prego Fontina and Asiago.)
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup of mozzarella
- parmesan cheese
- 1/8 tsp of garlic powder
- cooking spray
- Spray your crockpot with cooking spray.
- In a bowl mix the pasta sauce, soup and garlic until thoroughly blended.
- Pour 1/3 of the mixture into the bottom of the crockpot.
- Pour in half of the frozen ravioli.
- Top with another 1/3 of the sauce mixture.
- Add 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella. (I also added parmesan here but did not measure it. If you like it cheesy add a lot, if not it wouldn’t hurt to omit it entirely.)
- Add the rest of the frozen ravioli.
- Add the rest of the sauce.
- Add another 1/2 cup of mozzarella and more parmesan if you wish.
- Cook on low for 6 hours.
I was really nervous how this would come out since I accidentally used cream of chicken soup, but this turned out to be a happy accident in the end. Not everyone in the family is fond of the cheddar soup and since I used the Fontina and Asiago sauce it might’ve been too cheesy with the cheddar soup. Lucky for me the ravioli didn’t come out tasting like cream of chicken soup. It just was a bit creamier. I will definitely make it again. You can’t beat how easy it was to fix and everyone liked it!