I found this recipe in a crockpot cook book, but I can’t recall which one at the moment. I’m not great at keep track of recipes when they are in cookbooks which is why Pinterest is my best friend.
At any rate, I thought this looked like a fun take on chili dogs and it makes a great Saturday meal (which is when we had it) because it’s quick and easy and you have tons of time to do all the other things you want to do on the weekend.
- Hot dogs
- Hot dog buns
- corn chips (the off brand works just as well as Fritos)
- 2 cans of chili (I used Hormel)
- 1 can of cheddar soup
- Shredded cheddar (optional)
- Add chili and cheddar soup to the crock pot and mix well
- Put the hot dogs in the crock pot and make sure they are completely submerged in the chili sauce.
- Cook on low 3 1/2 hours.
- Put corn chips into a sandwich bag and crush them. (This is my favorite part. It’s a good way to work off aggression.)
- Use a fork to remove hot dogs and put them in buns. Add extra chili sauce on top.
- Top with cheddar cheese and the crushed corn chips.
I love chili dogs, so this is an obvious win for me. Adding the corn chips really gives them a nice crunch.