So, if you’ve visited my blog before you have probably noticed that I’m a big fan of casseroles. They are tasty, easy and comforting. I’m not a fan of having to make a hundred things and dirtying every dish in the house. I especially hate making breakfast. You’ve gotta make eggs, toast, bacon, sausage, pancakes, potatoes… the list just goes on and on and nobody has time for that! Naturally when I saw this breakfast casserole, I was all over it. Breakfast without all the fuss? Yes, please!
Source: Mama B
- 1 can of crescent rolls (6 count)
- 1 dozen eggs
- 1 cup of sausage crumbles (I used the premade kind you can find in the refrigerated section.)
- 1 cup of bacon bits (you could always fry up bacon and crumble it – I didn’t feel like it.)
- 1 20oz bag of shredded hashbrown potatoes. (the original recipe calls for frozen, but I had a good coupon for the Simply Potatoes so I used those. Located in the dairy section of the store in case you’re wondering.)
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- Roll out your crescent dough into the bottom of a greased pan.
- Spread the hashbrowns out on top of the dough.
- Scramble the eggs in a bowl and pour them evenly over the potatoes.
- Add sausage and bacon to the top.
- Bake at 400 for 40 minutes or until a knife inserted comes out clean.
- Take out and sprinkle the cheese on top and bake for 5 more minutes or until the cheese is melted.
Breakfast is almost always a win around here and I love that you can add whatever you want to it to cater to different preferences. Huge bonus points for being super easy (especially since I’m a bit under the weather.) I also like how the crescent came out on the bottom.