I came across this recipe while surfing Pinterest and I’m not even going to lie, the appeal was the fact that it has potato chips on top. How can I resist something that is topped with fabulous wonderful wavy chips? Bonus points for the fact that it’s a fairly simple recipe and it doesn’t take long to throw together.
Source: Raining Hot Coupons
- About 2 cups of cooked chicken, cubed (the source recipe used canned chicken, which sounds super easy, but I already had boneless skinless chicken breasts so I used that)
- 2 cans of cream of chicken soup
- 1 bag of egg noodles (I used the extra wide ones) cooked al dente
- 1 cup of sour cream
- Wavy potato chips. (We prefer Lays.)
- 2 cans of milk (use the empty soup can to measure)
- Shredded cheddar cheese
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
2. Mix together the soup, milk, chicken and sour cream in a bowl. Make sure everything is well blended.
3. Add it to your noodles and mix some more. Make sure all the noodles are covered.
4. Spread into a greased pan and top with cheese. (I never measure cheese when I make casseroles, but it was about half of an 8oz bag.)
5. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until heated through.
6. Take it out and add more cheese (if you like a lot) and potato chips. I just used enough so that the top was completely covered.
7. Cook for an additional 5 minutes, making sure that the chips do not burn.
Everyone liked this, even the picky eater had two servings. It was yummy. I thought the chips gave it a nice crunch, but the rest of the family felt like it would’ve been just as good without them. I will definitely make this again.