So, just a bit of background info on me: in the past when I thought of having beef stew it generally involved cracking open a can of Dinty Moore. Now, I’m not hating on Dinty Moore, but I thought it might be time to try something a tiny bit more challenging (seriously though, only a tiny bit) on the beef stew front.
As I mentioned, I didn’t want to do anything crazy, so I kept this pretty simple.
- 1 package of McCormick Hearty Slow Cooker Beef Stew seasoning.
- 1 and 1/3 cups of water (as per the instructions on the seasoning package)
- 2 cans of whole potatoes, drained
- 1 can of baby carrots, drained
- 1 can of peas, drained
- 1 and 1/2 lbs of stew meat
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Throw it all in the slow cooker on low for 6-7 hours.
I realize this easy version of beef stew using canned veggies and packaged seasoning won’t appeal to the more culinary-advanced in the world, but for me this was a definite success. Easy, yummy and everyone liked it.