This was another recipe I came across on Pinterest. I liked it because it had meatballs and I don’t often cook anything with meatballs so I thought it would be a nice change of pace for the family (and of course, it looked easy!)
The original recipe is from: Julie’s Eats and Treats (There are lots of fun recipes on this blog, I can’t wait to check them all out.)
- 1 loaf of Italian Bread (The original recipe calls for French bread, but Italian was on sale, so that’s what I used.)
- Meatballs (I used the 22oz Mama Mancini’s refrigerated meatballs)
- 24oz jar of pasta sauce
- 8oz bag of shredded mozzarella (2 cups)
- 1 8oz block of cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup of mayo
- 1 tsp of Italian seasoning
- pepper to taste
- Cut the Italian bread in half and cut it down to fit in the bottom of an ungreased 9×13 pan.
- In a bowl mix mayo, cream cheese and seasonings then spread the mixture evenly onto the bread.
- Top with half (1 cup) of the shredded mozzarella.
- In a second bowl combine the meatballs and sauce then spread that evenly on top of the cheese.
- Finish by topping with the rest of the cheese.
- Bake on 350 for 30 minutes.
This was a definite win and a nice break from the usual Italian meals I make. It had a lot of flavor and the cream cheese made it extra cheesy. This was also my first time using the Mama Mancini meatballs and whoa, those are good! I served this with Parmesan noodles and Italian green beans.