I had another pack of Mama Mancini’s meatballs that I had to use (the first pack was used in the Meatball Sub Casserole) so I went to Pinterest to search for an easy spaghetti bake. Unfortunately none of the recipes I came across were as easy as I was hoping for, so I threw this together.
- 1 lb spaghetti, cooked and drained
- 24oz jar of pasta sauce (if you use frozen meatballs that do not come in sauce, you will need an additional cup of sauce.)
- Mama Mancini’s refrigerated meatballs in sauce (or frozen meatballs, thawed)
- 1 cup of shredded mozarella, divided
- grated parmesan (optional)
- Stir the 24 oz jar of pasta sauce into the cooked spaghetti.
- Once mixed, pour spaghetti into a greased 9×13 pan.
- Top with 1/2 cup of mozzarella (and parmesan, if desired)
- Add the meatballs and sauce on top of the cheese (this is where you would add the extra cup of sauce if you are using frozen meatballs.)
- Add the rest of the mozzarella to the top.
- Bake at 400 for 30 minutes.
This was fine if you love spaghetti. I’m not crazy about spaghetti, but I know the family will eat it. I do think it was better as a bake because I was able to add a lot more cheese to it than I do when I just make spaghetti the usual way.