Have you ever had that day where you have a fabulous dinner in the crockpot only to realize that the whole time it was never actually turned on? THAT happened today. As a result, I needed to make something quick and easy with things already in the house.
Thank goodness for this casserole. It’s crazy easy to put together, doesn’t take long to cook and works perfectly if you have hot dogs but you don’t have buns (why does that always seem to happen?)
Adapted from: The Weary Chef
- 5 hot dogs
- 2 cans of chili (I used Hormel)
- Half a 32oz bag of frozen french fries.
- 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar (because that is how much I had)
- Cut up hot dogs into bite size pieces and mix with chili.
- Spread into a greased 9×13 baking dish.
- Cover with a single layer of french fries.
- Add shredded cheddar
- Bake at 450 for 30 minutes or until fries are done.
Verdict: Dinner Saver!
This casserole really saved the day. It was super easy to throw together and quite yummy. Everyone ate it and a few even had seconds. It was definitely a winner. I served it with cheddar biscuits .