This recipe came about because I still needed to use up one bag of hashbrowns that I got for cheap. The original recipe was for a side dish, but I opted to turn it into a meal by adding chicken.
Adapted from a recipe at Tammi Lee Tips
- 20 oz bag of hashbrowns
- 2 cups of cooked chicken, cubed
- 1 can of cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup of cheese crackers, divided
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar
- 1/2 cup of butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups of milk
- In crockpot sprayed with cooking spray, mix hashbrowns, chicken, soup, half of the cheese crackers, cheddar, butter and milk.
- Top with the rest of the cheese crackers.
- Cook on low for 5 hours.
This was just okay. We didn’t really love it and I doubt I will make it again. I’m not sure if I went awry or if this just wasn’t the meal for us.