After a week of old favorites I was finally able to try a new recipe today. This one was chose because it utilized items I already had in the pantry AND it’s super easy (because I try to keep it as simple as possible, especially on Monday.)
This recipe is from my new favorite cookbook: Super-Fast Slow Cooking by Gooseberry Patch.
- 3 or 4 small boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Can of chicken broth (14.5oz)
- 2 cans of cream of chicken soup
- 16oz package of egg noodles, cooked
- Put chicken in the slow cooker with chicken broth and cream of chicken soup. Cook on low 6 to 8 hours.
- About thirty minutes before you are ready to serve, shred up the chicken, add the cooked egg noodles and mix well.
While not the most exciting of recipes, this down home dish was a win with the family, even the pickiest eater. I think if I made this again, I might try throwing the noodles in the crockpot uncooked. There was a lot of liquid in there and I’ve done it before with beef and noodles, so I think it might work and would save me the step of having to boil the noodles.