I had a coupon recently for Tyson Smokey Steakhouse Chicken. These are with the regular frozen chicken breasts and are exactly the same, but are already seasoned. I thought I’d give them a try since they were a good deal, but what I could serve with them? That’s when I came across a pin on Pinterest for Baked Potato Casserole. It looked yummy, so I had to try it.
Adapted from a recipe at Hott Mama in the City.
- About 6 large red potatoes, rinsed.
- Shredded cheddar cheese (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 package of bacon bits.
- Butter or margarine.
- Butter the bottom of a the pan or baking dish. Then place small pats of butter on the bottom. (I used 6 small pats, you can omit this if you like less butter.)
- Cube the potatoes and spread them out in the pan. Make sure they are spread out evenly.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 1 hours. (I took mine out after 30 minutes and covered them with aluminum foil before putting them back in to prevent the ones on top from burning.)
- Once the potatoes are cooked, take them out and add bacon bits and cheese. Bake for an additional 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
These were super yummy AND super easy, which are the two most important things. You can add onion or sour cream as well to complete the loaded baked potato experience. Plus, they went really well with the chicken. I will definitely make it again.